CAREST makes a commitment to set up actions for:
- Improve the quality of the care offered to the patients affected by sickle cell disease and by thalassemia as well as to their families, by the publishing of clinical protocols or recommendations suited at the level of the development of every territory;
- Help to the training of the healthcare professionals for an optimal coverage of the patients;
- Help in the implementation of the neonatal screening in countries and regions which require it;
- Facilitate collaborations for the development of research programs on priorities concerning the sickle cell disease and thalassemias in the Caribbean
- Supply to the decision-makers of the epidemiological data and the information on the care and the research works on the sickle cell disease and thalassemias in the Caribbean;
- Allow the recognition of the sickle cell disease and Thalassemias as the priorities of public health in the Caribbean region.